Question 1:  Safer to use the omits.  Once you went to restore a trigger
program, named the same as a file, and used *ALL and clobbered your data
file, you get a little more picky.

Question 2:  Should definetly create the directories.  That ending period
though...

Benjamin Franklin

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/25/2003 04:09 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Transferring between physical iSeries

Yeah, I tried to display the save file -- it displayed successfully
whether
I pushed the save file or pulled it to the destination server.

Everything on the
Trying your suggestion returned the following error:

No objects saved or restored.

Details:  CPF3823, which refers me to the job log.

The job log indicates CPFA0A9 "Object not found. Object is
/lotus/domino/domprod1."

This is apparently indicating that the directory in question wasn't found
in the IFS of the destination server.  I created the
"/lotus/domino/domprod1" directories and am trying again.  It appears to
be
doing something this time -- or waiting longer to return the error.

Question:  Why would I have to say to not restore QDLS if there's no QDLS
content in the save file?  I don't understand why I would have to say I
need to omit object that aren't even present.

Question 2:  Weren't the options that I was using telling the system to
create any objects that weren't present on the system?  Wouldn't that
include directories?

Anyway, here's hoping that what I'm waiting for is a successful restore.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Patrick

|         |           rob@xxxxxxxxx      |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           domino400-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           09/25/2003 03:14 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Lotus Domino on the|
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

  |                                                       |
  |       To:       Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: Transferring between physical iSeries      |

Let's see if you mucked up the ftp  :-)

DSPSAVF backup/domprd1sav

And if that is successful then try
OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) ('/QDLS' *OMIT))

Benjamin Franklin

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/25/2003 02:18 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Transferring between physical iSeries

Thanks for the response, Rob.

I've tried a few different permutations.

Here's the one that I would use on Server A if I was trying to restore a
single mail file -- which is actually all I've attempted to do in the
past:

RST DEV('/qsys.lib/wsp830asav.lib/domprd1sav.file')
OBJ('/lotus/domino/domprod1/mail/filename.nsf') ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)

Here's what I have attempted on the new server:

RST DEV('/qsys.lib/backup.lib/domprd1sav.file') ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)

Which returned the error in question.  One of the comments in that error
description is to use /* in the OBJ parameter, so I tried this:

RST DEV('/qsys.lib/backup.lib/domprd1sav.file') OBJ(('/*)) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)

And got the same error.

Here are the options being used on all of the parameters, including
defaults:

DEV ('/qsys.lib/backup.lib/domprd2sav.file')
OBJ (('/*'))
SUBTREE (*ALL)
OUTPUT (*NONE)
SYSTEM (*LCL)  --I have also tried this set to *ALL, but the error advises
this setting
SAVDATE    --this parameter left blank--
SAVTIME   --this parameter left blank--
OPTION (*ALL)
ALWOBJDIF (*ALL)
FRCOBJCVN (*SYSVAL)
OBJID (*SAVED)

Thanks,
Patrick

|         |           rob@xxxxxxxxx      |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           domino400-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           09/25/2003 01:47 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Lotus Domino on the|
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

  |                                                       |
  |       To:       Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: Transferring between physical iSeries      |

Show your RST command.
And we'll try to figure out your CPF382B.

Benjamin Franklin

"Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/25/2003 01:21 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx, lnotes-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Transferring between physical iSeries

Sorry for those of you getting duplicates of this.

Our lease is up on iSeries A and we are replacing it with a Dedicated
Server for Domino (DSD).  The plan is to save the Domino server off of
server A to a save file (which is our normal evening routine, anyway) and
FTP the save file to the DSD.

However, once the file is on the DSD, I'm unable to restore the contents
the DSD.  To restore the files on server A, I would use the RST command,
but that command isn't working.  All attempts thus far have resulted in
"Parameters not valid with multiple file systems" -- check out CPF382B for
the message details.  The options that work on Server A don't work on the
DSD and other options that make sense for the situation similiarly fail,
always with the same error.  My first thought was that the file was messed
up during the transfer, but I can display the contents of the save file
using dspsavf, so it seems to be valid.  I have transferred my test file
using each server as a client.  From Server A, I put the file into a
pre-created savf without success.  From the DSD, I did a GET
Original_Filename New_Filename (REPLACE, but I got the same result.

I have tried all of the suggestions provided in the error message without
any success -- several of them do no apply, anyway.  Do I need to do
something to the save file to prepare it for this type of transfer?  I see
references to SAVSAVFDTA, but I can't tell if it is appropriate here.

Any suggestions or direction of inquiry would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick