I viewed the IBM Developer Webcast yesterday at:

http://webevents.broadcast.com/wsp/build_04/english/frameset.asp?nEventID=7351

I see the following in the questions section:

Question:
can i install domino 6.5 and sametime on the same server
Answer:
SameTime 3.1 runs on a Domino 6.02 server....... the next version of
SameTime will support Domino 6.5.1 server Q1/04

I am running an iSeries currently with Sametime. I purchase expensive IBM
servers, expensive IBM/Lotus software, pay expensive support to IBM,
etc... and now I'm told that I cannot take advantage of the "Integrated"
server and software that I have purchased. The iSeries is a huge cash cow
for IBM.

I know that development is tough especially with multiple product lines
involved. But the iSeries always seems left behind. We're generally two
weeks later with releases and now I am going to have to wait at least 4-6
months to move to 6.5.

I would really love to move forward with the integrated features of
Sametime and Notes but I will not be able to do so because I currently
have Sametime and Domino integrated on my iSeries. I guess I could buy
more hardware, Domino server licenses and support for a dedicated Sametime
server, but that defeats the purpose of me having my integrated eServer
that IBM pushes so much. But maybe that's what IBM wants me to do.

Just expressing wishes and frustration from a generally happy IBM/Lotus
customer.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator