Perhaps you've encountered the ancient "deadly embrace".  Most databases,
(even including the primitive ones from the S/34 and S/36), locked a
record that was read for update until either:
a)  The record was "updated"
b)  Another record was read by the same application.

One way around that is to make sure that your SQL doesn't read for update.
 Clauses like "for fetch only" may help you.

Keep us posted.

(Just got back from a week at IBM in Minnesota.)

Benjamin Franklin

Robert Laing <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/10/2003 09:04 PM
Please respond to Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400