I saw your attachment -- I can't check that on my system because the files
in question got removed as soon as we suspected they might be an issue, but
even if they were 10x the reported size, they wouldn't account for half of
the distance to 90% of my drive space.  Interesting error, though --
noticed that it's not actually 10% on the error, more like it simply
dropped the ones digit in the display.  At least in the example provided.

Thanks for all your time brainstorming this.  As I said in my reply, the
iSeries situation here is changing and this problem is likely to be moot
since I won't have to share resources any more.

Thanks to everyone else that stretched some brain cells on this for me,
too.  I'd still love an explanation, but it's running like normal and has
been for a week, so I'm going to put it down to AS/400 voodoo and walk
away...

Have a great day, everyone!

Patrick

|         |           rob@xxxxxxxxx      |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           domino400-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           09/03/2003 08:22 AM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Lotus Domino on the|
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Storage issue, but where?

I sent you some stuff off line because the list doesn't like attachments.

Basically one part of iSeries Navigator showed the object to be 4.83GB.
Looking at the details in iSeries Navigator showed it to be 48.83GB.
Looking at it via WRKLNK via 5250 showed
Size of object data in bytes . . . . . :   52428800000
Allocated size of object . . . . . . . :   52442431488

So I don't know what the fellow was smoking when they did the one part of
iSeries Navigator.

Benjamin Franklin