Rob,

Whenever we have problems with our mailx.box files, we do the following:

1.  Stop the server
2.  Rename mailx.box to mailx.box.nsf
3.  Restart the server (if the mailx.box files are missing, it will rebuild
them)
4.  Open mailx.box.nsf in the notes client and copy the messages into the
newly created mailx.box files

If we suspect that a bad message is giving us heartburn, we'll import
messages in smaller blocks to try to narrow it down.

We have mailx.box problems often enough (I'd say at least monthly) that
I've considered deleting them from time to time (like once a month) just to
force the creation of new ones.  Maybe right before we IPL the machine.

Mike E.

                    rob@xxxxxxxxx

                    Sent by:                   To:     Lotus Domino on the
iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    domino400-bounces@xx       cc:

                    drange.com                 Subject:     migrating mail.box
files

                    06/12/2003 03:50 PM

                    Please respond to

                    Lotus Domino on the

                    iSeries / AS400

We moved our SMTP server from a r5 domino server on one iSeries to a R6
Domino server on another iSeries.  We have some stuck emails in the
mailx.box files from the old server.  Anyway to get those to send out?  I
tried renaming mail4.box on the new server to mail4.bak and copying
mail1.box on the old server to mail4.box on the new server (using ftp bin
commands).  After that I ran compact, updall, fixup, design and a few
choice words but compact would generate messages like

> load compact mail4.box
06/12/2003 14:37:19   Compacting mail4.box (INTERNOTES Mailbox)
06/12/2003 14:37:19   Error compacting mail4.box: 03:F5
06/12/2003 14:37:19   Database compactor process shutdown

> load fixup mail4.box
06/12/2003 14:37:27   Database Fixup: Started
06/12/2003 14:37:27   Performing consistency check on mail4.box...
06/12/2003 14:37:27   Completed consistency check on mail4.box
06/12/2003 14:37:27   Unable to fixup database
/INTERNOTES/NOTES/DATA/mail4.box: RRV bucket is corrupt.
06/12/2003 14:37:27   Database Fixup: Shutdown

So I ended up renaming this to mail6.box and renaming mail4.bak back to
mail4.box.

Benjamin Franklin