Server is R6.0.1CF1 on V5R1 AS/400.  Clients are R5.0.X being upgraded to
R6.0.1.  As we roll out we are experiencing printing issue, predominately
on Lexmark printers and a few HPs. Due to other applications the clients
need to print from we don't desire to switch from "postscript" to "pcl" or
create two printer queses for the client to switch back and forth to.  Did
not see this problem while at R5.  So far IBM support doesn't show similar
trouble calls. Anyone else experiencing similar printing issues as below
or havesuggestions to overcome the problems?

This is turning into a major concern in our Enterprise-wide rollout.  Our
Network staff are stumped.  Begging for insight!

Below are a few examples:

1.  We just just had a R5.0.10 client just upgraded to R6.0.1 print to a
local
HP 693C from Notes and get a "mirror" image printout (e.g. reversed).  Any
input on the incident?  We're seeing too many printing problems as we
upgrade to R6!

2.  We also have an incident similar with a networked HP LaserJet 8100
Series
PCL  6. In this case the printing problem involves printing a normal
looking page within Notes that has
print going "across" the page in horizontal lines but prints the
information out n a 1 inch column going down vertically at the left side
of
the page print out.

3.  As we upgrade our clients from R5.X to R6.0.1 we are encountering
problems
involving the clients' inability to now print to a network Lexmark printer
without changing the print queues from Postscript to PCL which is not a
desired solution as many of the City's apps require Postscript format.

The error seen from the Notes client, when trying to print to the network
Lexmark is :
ERROR:  unlimitcheck
OFFENDING COMMAND:  show

4.  Clients who print to their own, non-networked, Lexmark appear to print
normally.

Gary L Wade
Lotus Notes Administrator
City of Orlando - City Hall