> Well we have other motives to get them to start replicating, but that is
> entirely different conversation.
> We are not worried about the size of the
> files to an extent.

Wow!  What kind of connection do they use?

> We are hoping that it would only replicate changed
> documents.

Changed and new.  I cannot speak to how it handles things when you change
an attached file (whether it can somehow only replicate the changed bits,
or whether it replicates the whole attachment).

> Did you use the MS-Office template?

We played with it, but our users didn't like it.  I wound up writing a very
simple DB that they could attach the document to and add a little info.

And then they didn't use it.  But I'm not bitter ;-)

Mike E.

             MEovino@xxxxxxxxx
             ress.com
             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             @midrange.com             <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/18/2003 11:19                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: Replicating Documents

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@xxxxxx
                  ge.com>

Steve,

We tried an approach like this, but it failed because the users always
forgot to do it.  We also tried using this approach to distributing files
to remote users, but the files were too big to replicate over dial-up.

More savvy users zip their files and e-mail them to themselves (mail files
are backed up on a regular basis).  Less savvy users lose all their stuff
when they have hardware problems.

Mike E.