Attached you will find an article I wrote in E-Pro Magazine in 2001.  It
describes how to convert  to DUEL stack.

(See attached file: smtpduel.ZIP)

Walter Scanlan
Advisory Software Engineer
Domino For iSeries Team Leader
Internet  WSCANLAN@US.IBM.COM
CLP R4, R5 and Domino 6
507-286-6088
www-3.ibm.com/software/lotus/support/

|         |           "Roger Vicker,   |
|         |           CCP"             |
|         |           <rvicker@vicker.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           domino400-admin@m|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           12/15/2002 05:10 |
|         |           domino400        |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      Domino 400 <domino400@midrange.com>
                                                                 |
  |        cc:
                                                                 |
  |        Subject: Moving from MSF to Bind to IP
                                                                 |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

This document expires on 03/15/2003

Hello,

In preparing to move to Domino 6 I've been researching the changes
needed since it doesn't support MSF

Would anyone be kind enough to confirm this is what needs to be done to
switch to bind to specific IP?

Current setup:
Behind firewall performing NAT
Incoming port 25 mapped to 10.0.0.1
Publicly known as acme.com via ISP provided DNS
Internally known as sys400 via netserver/network neighborhood
No private DNS.
Native iSeries applications send emails to employees via the API calls.
iSeries V5R1M0
CHGTCPDMN HOSTNAME('SYS400') DMNNAME('ACME.COM')
ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR(10.0.0.1) HOSTNAME(('acme.com') ('sys400')
('sys400.acme.com'))
Domino 5.0.10 ? going to 6
Domino uses MSF
Private address is 10.0.0.1
Domino server name is sys400/acme
Domino is used as http server
All users are via Notes client and iNotes web mail.

Changes:
Using Domino Administrator (to prevent spam relay) navigate:
Configuration tab
Server twistie
Configurations in list
Edit configuration menu item
Router/SMTP tab
Restrictions and Controls sub tab
SMTP Inbound Controls sub tab
Allow messages only from the following external internet hosts to be
sent to external internet domains: [10.0.0.*]; [10.0.1.*]
Save and Close menu item
Current Server Document in list

Edit Server menu item
SMTP listener task: Enabled
Save and Close menu item

ENDTCPSVR *SMTP

ENDDOMSVR

CHGDOMSVR DOMSVR1 SMTP(*DOMINO) TCPOPT(TCPIP 'NETWORK1' *NOENCRYPT
'10.0.0.1' *YES)

STRDOMSVR

Using Domino Administrator:
Configuration tab
Server twistie
Configurations in list
Delete first server configuration leaving only one.

ADDTCPIFC INTNETADR(10.0.0.2) LIND(ETHTCP) SUBNETMASK('255.255.255.0')

STRTCPIFC INTNETADR(10.0.0.2)

ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR(10.0.0.2) HOSTNAME(('os400smtp')
('os400smtp.acme.com'))

CRTDTAARA DTAARA(QUSRSYS/QTMSCBNDIP) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(16)
VALUE('10.0.0.2') TEXT('SMTP Bind To Specific IP') AUT(*USE)

CRTDTAARA DTAARA(QUSRSYS/QTMSSBNDIP) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(16)
VALUE('10.0.0.2') TEXT('SMTP Bind To Specific IP') AUT(*USE)

Or

Use opsnav binding on SMTP page

STRTCPSVR *SMTP

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--

*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***