What are you running

I)  Some iSeries native Domino and also a Sametime server on a netfinity
card in the same box.

II)  Only the sametime server on the netfinity card.

My earlier question had to do with the fact that if you upgrade to R6, and
you are running the latest and greatest sametime or quickplace on the same
iseries (and not on the Netfinity card), then you must LPAR your iSeries.

IBM detests the i in iSeries (integrated).  They are pushing LPAR hot and
heavy.  They think it is common practice to run only 1 task on a server
and each server should be a dedicated system.  (Methinks they've been
working too long in the Wintel environment.)

Rumor is that a future release of Domino will play well with sametime and
quickplace.  As it stands now Domino 5.0.10 is the last release that will
run on the same non-LPAR iSeries as the latest Sametime and Quickplace.  I
can point you to a website with that on it.

Benjamin Franklin

Gary.Wade@cityoforlando.net
Sent by: domino400-admin@midrange.com
12/06/2002 05:19 PM