Has anyone noticed a problem running STRDOMSVR when the server is already
running?  I have a night job situation where I might do this.

I just tried this and I got:

Joblog:
STRDOMSVR NOTES01
Job 411219/QNOTES/QNNINSTS submitted to job queue NOTES01 in library
  QUSRNOTES.
Starting Domino server NOTES01 in subsystem NOTES01.

Joblog of Job 411219/QNOTES/QNNINSTS:
LNT0927
00   12/04/02  08:30:58.991856  QNNINSTS     QNOTES      *
  From module . . . . . . . . :   QNNINSTS
  From procedure  . . . . . . :   Send_Message__FPcN21iT1
  Statement . . . . . . . . . :   719
  Message . . . . :   Domino server NOTES01 started.
LNT0928
30   12/04/02  08:31:00.130408  QNNINSTS     QNOTES      *STMT    QCMD  QS
  From module . . . . . . . . :   QNNINSTS
  From procedure  . . . . . . :   Send_Message__FPcN21iT1
  Statement . . . . . . . . . :   719
  Message . . . . :   Error 1 occurred while running the Domino server.
  Cause . . . . . :   The possible error values are:  1 -- A completion
code of
    X'0000892F' was returned by the Domino server. If the completion code
is
    between X'00000100' and X'00000200', the error was detected during
start-up
    processing of the Domino server.  2 -- The Domino server stopped
running
    because an exception occurred.  3 -- The Domino server stopped running

    because of an unexpected exception. Recovery  . . . :    1 --  If the

    completion code X'0000892F' is greater than X'00008000', check the
Domino
    console for a possible message regarding this error. You can use the
Display
    Domino Console (DSPDOMCSL) command or the Work Domino Console
(WRKDOMCSL)
    command to look at messages sent to this Domino server. If the problem
was
    detected early in the start phase of the Domino server, before the
Domino
    console could be initialized, messages may be logged to a spooled
output
    file. Contact your service representative. A completion code of
X'00001007'
    usually indicates that shared memory was not cleaned up after an
earlier
    server crash.   Operations Navigator provides a way to clean up shared

    memory.   Shared memory is also cleaned up when an IPL is done on the

    system.  2 -- Check the job log of the Domino server for possible
errors.
    Contact your service representative.  3 -- Check the job log of the
Domino
    server for possible errors. Contact your service representative.
Technical
    description . . . . . . . . :    1 -- The main Domino server job sets
the
    completion code when it ends. A non-zero completion code indicates a

    possible error was detected by the Domino server. A completion code
between
    X'00000100' and X'00000200' usually indicates a problem was found
during the
    start-up phase of the Domino server.  2 -- An exception occurred that
caused
    the Domino server to end. The job log for the Domino server may
provide more
    information about the error.  3 -- An unexpected exception occurred
causing
    the Domino server to end. The job log may provide more information
about the
    error.

Domino console:

12/04/2002 08:30:59 AM  Closed session for xxx yyyy/DEKKO
Databases accessed:     1   Documents read:     1   Documents written: 0
Lotus Domino (r) Server, Release 5.0.10, March 22, 2002
Copyright (c) 1985, 2002 Lotus Development Corporation. Copyright IBM
Corpora
tion. All Rights Reserved.

Server exiting:: Partition NOTES01 is already in use.
12/04/2002 08:31:00 AM  Opened session for aaa bbbb/DEKKO (Release 5)

Looks like nothing to slice my wrists over.

Benjamin Franklin