To: domino400@midrange.com
From: domino400-admin@midrange.com
Date: 09/06/2002 03:10PM
Subject: Re: Backup for upgrading

This is a multipart message in MIME format.--[ Picked text/plain from
multipart/alternative ]An important thing to remember is that an upgrade of one
server in yourdomain might very well affect the rest of the servers in your
domain.  Forexample, upgrading the NAB on one server may replicate it's changes
to therest of your nab's.  Then you'll try something like restoring to
anearlier version.  Which get's clobbered again because now one of the
otherservers will replicate it's changes back to that database.  The same
thingmay hold true for templates, etc.  If you haven't customized the nab,
mailtemplates, personal address book templates, started using Fax for Dominofor
iSeries, etc, then it shouldn't be a problem.Generally though, we just rely on
the backup from the night before when weapply an upgrade.  The nightly backup
drops the domino servers beforedoing the save of the ifs.Why are you using
Visions to mirror your Domino servers to a backupinstead of using Domino's
clustering?Rob Berendt--"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
little temporarysafety deserve neither liberty nor safety."Benjamin
Franklinmeovino@estes-express.comSent by:
domino400-admin@midrange.com09/05/2002 09:08 PMPlease respond to domino400