FYI,

We had a problem with Trend's 251 engine looping on undeliverable email.
Seems that we had a iSeries application send an email to an invalid domino
address and it also had an invalid return address.  Normally Domino times
out after x tries.  However Trend kept on trying...  Not only was this
causing a spike in the ROUTER job under the Domino subsystem, but the
log.nsf was growing by 1/2GB a day.

Trend came to the rescue with the following:
ftp://ftp.csihome.com/download/ScanMail/smln251_as400_Hotfix3a.zip
ftp://ftp.csihome.com/download/ScanMail/smln251_as400_vsapi5506.zip
Apply the Hotfix then the engine
Apply them as per the instructions from the Hotfix

When you issue a "Load TMMSCAN" command from the domino console your
scanengine and build date will be displayed. If the scanengine is earlier
then 5506 or your build date is Feb 7 2002 or earlier then these have not
been applied.

Benjamin Franklin