There is a problem with QuickPlace and 5.0.9...

> Note from Jelan Heidelberg  IBM eserver Collaboration Segment Manager:
>
> Heads Up:  Domino 5.0.9 and QuickPlace
> A new Domino maintenance release 5.0.9 will be available within the next
> few weeks.  However, due to development priorities, Lotus does not plan
> deliver a corresponding QuickPlace release (which would be QuickPlace
> 2.0.9).  This is true for all Domino platforms (except AIX... see
below).
> What does this mean for Domino for iSeries customers?  QuickPlace 2.0.8
is
> not supported with Domino 5.0.9.  Therefore,  customers who have both
> Domino and QuickPlace installed on the SAME AS/400 or iSeries should NOT
> install the Domino 5.0.9 maintenance release.  They should stay with
> Domino 5.0.8.   This is also true for customers who have Domino today
and
> are considering installing QuickPlace in the near future.
> We plan to communicate this information to Domino customers through
> various methods, but we encourage all of you to do your part to ensure
> that your customers who have both Domino and QuickPlace understand that
> they should not move to Domino 5.0.9.  For a customer who upgrades to
> Domino 5.0.9 and needs to go back to Domino 5.0.8, it's possible but not
> pleasant.  We'd like to avoid these situations.
> About AIX:  Lotus plans to release the first version of QuickPlace for
AIX
> by year-end.  This version requires some changes to core Domino which
> Lotus built into Domino 5.0.9.  Therefore, QuickPlace for AIX will run
> with Domino 5.0.9 (only) and will be called QuickPlace 2.0.9.
> Functionally, it is a subset of the QuickPlace 2.0.8 capability.  As of
> now, Domino for AIX is the ONLY platform that allows coexistence of
Domino
> 5.0.9 and QuickPlace.

---------------------------------
Kirk Goins
IBM Certified iSeries Technical Solutions Design
IBM Certified iSeries Technical Solutions Implementation
Pacific Information Systems - An IBM Premier Business Partner
503-674-2985           kirkg@pacinfosys.com
"WE KNOW TECHNOLOGY"

rob@dekko.com
Sent by: domino400-admin@midrange.com