Rob,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...

Being the good IBM'er I try to be, I wanted to verify info especially if my
name was associated with it.

I called my contact at RJS Software and he said he would send me more info
about their offering.  I was waiting for it and never received it.

I haven't had time to verify this info.  If it is not too late, you can
send it out but I would suggest you remove ... and my names and maybe
state you received this from an IBM'er but it should be verified to make
sure it is current.

Hope things are well.
IBMer

IBMer,

Thank you very much.  Would you also mind if I forwarded this on to the
mailing list domino400@midrange.com?

Rob Berendt

Rob,

Interesting timing...

I just sent this note out to someone else recently.  I hope it provides the
info you need.  If not, let me know.

Thanks!

i hope you enjoyed the iSeries Technical Conference.  I'm sorry that we
couldn't get back to you sooner .... after talking with several people here
in Rochester, the following is a list of several possible alternatives for
you to consider.  (Please note that there could be other Business Partner
offerings available;  the offerings listed below were ones that they
happened to be personally aware of.)

1.) The IBM Custom Technology Center (CTC) here in Rochester has 'RNHLIB
equivalent' code written in C using the C API.  If you are interested in
talking with the CTC, please let me know and I'll have them contact you
directly.  FYI. The programmer I talked to also suggested that you might
also want to consider using simple standalone Java programs because it is
more flexible from the standpoint of being able to update from a system not
running a Domino server (if that is something that might be important to
you).  The CTC could also be contracted with to write the Java program(s).

2.) Triangle Software Products has a product called RPG and CL Connector
for Domino.  RPG and CL Connector for Domino "is a high function, high
level API that allows AS/400 programmers developing in RPG or CL (both OPM
and ILE) to access the functionality of, and data managed by, Lotus
Domino". Their web http://www.domcon.com contains more detailed product
information as well as contact information.

3.) I've been told that RJS Software has had a product called RJS Domino
for AS/400 Programmers API which "provides an easy to use API for AS/400
programmers who need to be able to create or read/write Domino documents
and databases".
- API calls can be embedded in CL, RPG or COBOL programs.
- includes API for creating new documents.
- includes API for creating schedule entries.
- includes API to search, read and update existing Domino documents.

FYI...  However, I just looked at their web site, http://www.rjssoft.com
and I couldn't find this specific product.  Please contact them directly
for current information by calling (888) RJSSOFT or by sending an email to
sales@rjssoft.com

I hope the above information proves helpful.  Thanks much.

IBMer

TO: IBMer
From:  Rob
RNHLIB is a library that was downloadable from IBM.  This library had RPGLE
interfaces to calling the HiTest C API's.  Evidently the RNHLIB and the
HiTest C API's are being phased out.  We are trying to find out ways to
update Domino data interactively from RPGLE programs.  Yes, we have LEI but
that will not work for our function.  Again, we want the rpg to trigger the
Domino, not vice versa.

Any recommendations?

Robert Berendt, CCP
Group Dekko Services, LLC