To: domino400@midrange.com
From: domino400-admin@midrange.com
Date: 09/27/2001 11:51AM
Subject: Re: help with DECS problems.

Isn't there an API out there you could call from a trigger program based onthe
DB2 file to update the Domino database?Rob BerendtİİİİİİİİİİİİA smart person
learns from their mistakes,but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples
mistakes.                    "Richard B Baird"
<rbaird@esourceconsu       To:     domino400@midrange.com
lting.com>                 cc:                    Sent by:
Fax to:                    domino400-admin@midr       Subject:     help with
DECS problems.                    ange.com                    09/27/2001 10:51
AM                    Please respond to                    domino400[ Converted
text/html to text/plain ]Hi all,I'm working on my web based domino ap using
DECS to mirror an as/400 fileinthe notes ap.  I'm having several problems
though.Here are a few particulars:  The file I'm working with is a work
filegenerated and  modified by native as/400 applications - it is
fairlyvolatileas far as record adds, updates and deletes.  the notes ap only
updatescertainfields in the file.  The form that DECS monitors only has a few
of thefieldswith editing allowed.  the rest are "computed for display".   The
DECSactivity is defined as "open, update"I'm on os/400 V4R4 and R5.0.8.1.
Records added to the file via native programs do not appear in
thenotesdatabase.2.  If I "initialize keys" the new records appear in notes,
but it adds allrecords from the file, even if they already exist.
(duplicates).3.  After I open, change and save a document, the as/400 file is
updated,butthe link to the form from the view is changed to "<blank>".I could
change my application to only allow notes to add records to thedatabase, but I
was under the impression that DECS was two way street, thatifrecords are added
or changed in the table natively, the new documents wouldbeavailable in
notes.Any ideas?  What am I missing?  any help here would be greatly
appreciated.Richard
Bairdrbaird@esourceconsulting.com_______________________________________________This
 is the Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 (DOMINO400) mailing listTo post a
message email: DOMINO400@midrange.comTo subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list
DOMINO400-request@midrange.comBefore posting, please take a moment to review
the archivesat
http://archive.midrange.com/domino400[2]._______________________________________________This