Brian,
     Are you running DUEL STACK? (Both the OS/400 SMTP and Domino SMTP
servers are bound to separate local IP addresses)

Or are you trying to run OV with Domino configured for *DOMINO?

Walter Scanlan
Advisory Software Engineer
Domino for iSeries Team Leader
Phone 507-286-6088
Fax  507-286-5028
Internet wscanlan@us.ibm.com

                    BLBandy@pdpgroupin

                    c.com                    To:     DOMINO400@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-domino400@mi       Subject:     Re: AS/400 SMTP
Problem
                    drange.com

                    08/10/2001 12:05

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Walter,

We already use *domino for the SMTP server.  MSF still runs on the AS/400
that Domino runs on, could this be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Brian

                    "Walter Scanlan"

                    <wscanlan@us.ibm.c        To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    om>                       cc:
DOMINO400@midrange.com, owner-domino400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: AS/400 SMTP
Problem
                    owner-domino400@mi

                    drange.com

                    08/08/01 11:51 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Brian,
     This is an issue using the *MSF configuration of a Domino mail server.
I would recommend reconfiguring the Domino server to use it's own SMTP
server. (*DOMINO).  If that is not an option create a postmaster in the
Domino server to reroute non-deliverable mail.  This will avoid the loop
mail issue.

Walter Scanlan
Advisory Software Engineer
Domino for iSeries Team Leader
Internet wscanlan@us.ibm.com

                    BLBandy@pdpgroupin
                    c.com                    To:     DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    owner-domino400@mi       Subject:     AS/400 SMTP
Problem
                    drange.com

                    08/08/2001 10:11
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    DOMINO400

We are sending messages from the AS/400 to Notes through SMPT.  If the user
isn't found on notes, a delivery failure is generated and tries to send
back to the AS/400.  If the address from the sender on the AS/400 is
incorrect, the message can't be delivered, but it continues to appear in
mail.box as if it is looping and trying to deliver the message to the
AS/400.

Is there a way to limit the number of attempts so that the message doesn't
loop through mail.box infinitely?

Brian Bandy
PDP Group Inc.
blbandy@pdpgroupinc.com