  • Subject: Re: CFGDOMSVR ends with LNT0998 'could not open id file'
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:08:34 -0500

Okay,

We figured out the id file issue.  I must of screwed up something ftp'ing
the file to the 400.  Again I ftp'ed it up using bin.  Now we are getting
past the id file error.  Still bombing out on the CFGDOMSVR command.
Terminal session says, 3 times:
Server not responding

CFGDOMSVR SERVER('DOMFAX01/DEKKO') OPTION(*ADD) DTADIR('/DOMFAX01/notes/d
ata') TIMEZONE(EST) DAYSAVTIME(*NO) NABSVR(NOTES01) ADDSVRID('/DOMFAX01/n
otes/data/DOMFAX01.id') WEB(*HTTP) DIRSRV(*NONE) CNNSRV(*NONE) ADVSRV(*PA
RTITION *CLUSTER) DOMAIN(DEKKO) NETWORK(TCPIP) CERTID('/domfax01/notes/da
ta/cert.id') ADMID('/domfax01/notes/data/user.id') SVRID('/domfax01/notes
/data/DOMFAX01.id') TCPOPT(*NOENCRYPT '10.10.1.147') SBS(DOMFAX01)

ping notes01
Verifying connection to host system NOTES01.dekko-1 at address
  10.10.1.189.
PING reply 1 from 10.10.1.189 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 2 from 10.10.1.189 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 3 from 10.10.1.189 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 4 from 10.10.1.189 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 5 from 10.10.1.189 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
Round-trip (in milliseconds) min/avg/max = 0/0/0
Connection verification statistics: 5 of 5 successful (100 %).

According to Tech Note 163707
"To resolve this issue, either update the 400's TCP/IP Domain information
to include the Internet address of the Domain Name Server (if a DNS is
being used) or update the 400's local host table to resolve the primary
Domino server's IP address."
Our host table looks like:
Internet         Host
Address          Name
10.10.1.81       QUALITY.DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.141      INTERNOTES
                 INTERNOTES.dekko-1
                 INTERNOTES.DEKKO.COM
                 DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.147      DOMFAX01.DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.152      GDSSALES.DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.182      GDDATA.DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.186      GDSHELP.DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.189      NOTES01.DEKKO.COM
10.10.1.252      GDSDNS
127.0.0.1        LOOPBACK
                 LOCALHOST
192.168.0.2      GDWEB.COM
198.1.1.200      GDIMAIL
                 GDIMAIL.GDI1.SNA.IBM.COM
                 QGDIMAIL
                 GDIMAIL.dekko-1
198.1.1.219      LEISERVE
                 LEISERVE.DEKKO.COM

Our Domain information looks like:
                       Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN)

Type choices, press Enter.

Host name  . . . . . . . . . . .   'GDIMAIL'

Domain name  . . . . . . . . . .   'dekko-1'

Domain search list . . . . . . .   *DFT

Host name search priority  . . .   *LOCAL        *REMOTE, *LOCAL, *SAME
Domain name server:
  Internet address . . . . . . .   '10.10.1.252'
                                   '206.228.179.10'
                                   '144.228.254.10'

We already have the following partitions:
Domino
Server
GDSHELP
NOTES01
GDDATA
QUALITY
LEISERVE
GDSSALES
*HTTPSETUP
INTERNOTES

Wait!  Here it is!  Duh!  I forgot
? *NLVLIBL/ADDTCPIFC ??INTNETADR('10.10.1.147')
                       LIND(LANLIN)
                       SUBNETMASK('255.255.255.0')
and
STRTCPIFC INTNETADR('10.10.1.147')

Now the CFGDOMSVR works!

Thanks alot!

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    rob@dekko.com

                    Sent by:                  To:     DOMINO400@midrange.com

                    owner-domino400@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                Subject:     CFGDOMSVR ends with
LNT0998 'could not open id file'

                    08/03/2001 10:56

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

I am adding another Domino partition with the command:
CFGDOMSVR SERVER('DOMFAX01/DEKKO') OPTION(*ADD) DTADIR('/DOMFAX01/notes/da
ta') TIMEZONE(EST) DAYSAVTIME(*NO) NABSVR(NOTES01) ADDSVRID('/DOMFAX01/not
es/data/DOMFAX01.id') WEB(*HTTP) DIRSRV(*NONE) CNNSRV(*NONE) ADVSRV(*PARTI
TION *CLUSTER) DOMAIN(DEKKO) NETWORK(TCPIP) CERTID('/notes01/notes/data/ce
rt.id') TCPOPT(*NOENCRYPT '10.10.1.147') SBS(DOMFAX01)

On the little terminal screen in the end I see, 3 times,
Could not open the id file

Then the CFGDOMSVR fails with LNT0998.

I verified the owner of
/DOMFAX01
/DOMFAX01/notes
/DOMFAX01/notes/data
/DOMFAX01/notes/data/DOMFAX01.id
and they are all owned by QNOTES with *public set to *EXCLUDE

I have several other partitions set up on this 400.

I ftp'ed the id file using bin.