No unfortunately the programs don't go into a message wait with the
SQL7908.

Thanks,

Dave Bednarcik
Email: DaveBednarcik@WesternUnion.com
Work #: (201)263-5186
Fax # : (201)263-5455

                    rob@dekko.com

                    Sent by:                  To:     DOMINO400@midrange.com

                    owner-domino400@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                Fax to:

                                              Subject:     Re: Monitoring LEI
Messages on the
                                              AS/400

                    06/05/01 11:10 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

That email option about status is the one I am talking about.

Are you saying you get programs themselves stuck in a MSGW with SQL7908
messages?  If so, reply back and I'll point you to some API's to list jobs
in a subsystem, find out the status, retrieve information about ones in
MSGW and you can have them do whatever, (email, page, whatever).

I am also working on a library I want to publish called DOM400API.
Basically designed to list all your domino servers, which subsystem they
are running in, etc.  Drop them gracefully, start them back up.  Run
compress, fixup and updall while the servers are down, that kind of stuff.
I am testing it now.  I'll give it away when done.  Just have to find a
site somewhere.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    DaveBednarcik@Wester

                    nUnion.com                  To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-domino400@midr        Subject:     Re: Monitoring
LEI Messages on the AS/400
                    ange.com

                    06/05/01 09:41 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Yes, I am using a call to LEIACT.  As far as Lotus Support, I did put a
call in last week and we did get a reply and not a good one.  They said the
only way to monitor the Activity on the AS/400 was to create an API to run
on the Domino Server to monitor the Activity and then send a message to the
QSYSOPR Message Queue.  Actually, it was the Lotus Tech Support that
suggested this list.

Someone in our Architecture group is researching to see if we can Monitor
(via MONMSG in a CL) for the Message, SQL7908,  This is the message that I
am getting when I call the LEIACT command and the Activity has an error.

What options are you referring to?  The only ones that I know of are to
send an email of the status.

Thanks,

Dave Bednarcik
Email: DaveBednarcik@WesternUnion.com
Work #: (201)263-5186
Fax # : (201)263-5455

                    rob@dekko.com

                    Sent by:                  To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    owner-domino400@mi        cc:

                    drange.com                Fax to:

                                              Subject:     Re: Monitoring
LEI Messages on the
                                              AS/400

                    06/04/01 05:26 PM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

I take it you are using a call to LEIACT?  I've had an incident opened on
that piece of garbage for almost a year.  And it's a cold day in h*!! when
they return a call on even a simple status request.  I submit several dozen
activities a day.  Never does it get through them all without bombing with
some MCH type message.

There are options you can set up in the activities themselves.  These will
message you if they fail.  So basically, you have two areas you can
monitor.  One is your CL, to see if that fails (or if the call to LEIACT
fails - again).  Or you can set up the activities themselves to message you
if they fail.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    DaveBednarcik@Wester

                    nUnion.com                  To:
DOMINO400@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-domino400@midr        Subject:     Monitoring LEI
Messages on the AS/400
                    ange.com

                    06/04/01 01:42 PM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

I have some LEI Activities running on a Domino Server on a AS/400.  I am
submitting these Activities from the AS/400 via a CL Job.  I would like to
know if there is anyway to Monitor these activities via the AS/400.  For
example, Can I do a MONMSG on any of the Messages?

Thank You,

Dave Bednarcik
Email: DaveBednarcik@WesternUnion.com
Work #: (201)263-5186