  • Subject: Re: installing on AS400 problems
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:27:36 -0500

Isn't the NAB just names.nsf?

You didn't drop the server sph-domino-2 while you were configuring -1, did
you?

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    DStrong@stpetes.or

                    g                         To:     DOMINO400@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-domino400@mi        Subject:     Re: installing on
AS400 problems
                    drange.com

                    02/09/01 10:32 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Rob,

Yes I can ping sph-domino-2 from the AS400 command line.  What I wonder is
if it really has a copy of the NAB on it I guess.

Thanks Doug

Doug Strong
Network Administrator
St Peter's Hospital
2475 Broadway
Helena MT 59601
(406) 444-2125
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

|                        |   rob@dekko.com        |

|                        |   owner-domino400@midra|
DOMINO400@midrange.co|
|                        |   nge.com              |   m
|
|                        |                        |           cc:
|
|                        |   02/09/2001 06:22 AM  |           Subject:
|
|                        |   Please respond to    |   Re: installing on
|
|                        |   DOMINO400            |   AS400 problems

|                        |                        |

|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

Was the server 'SPH-Domino-2' communicating?  Since you a creating a new
server, 'SPH-Domino-1/SRV/HMN', it will try to access the NAB stored on the
existing server, 'SPH-Domino-2'.   I bet that 'SPH-Domino-2' is the
temporary server which you've had running fine on the 400 for 3 months.
And you've had seperate IP address configured for each server, right?  Can
you ping 'SPH-Domino-2' from your AS/400 command line?

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    DStrong@stpetes.or
                   g                         To:     domino400@midrange.com
                   Sent by:                  cc:
                   owner-domino400@mi        Subject:     installing on
AS400 problems
                   drange.com

                    02/08/01 04:38 PM
                   Please respond to
                   DOMINO400

Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to move my Domino from NT to the AS400.  I
have the brand new Lotus Domino for AS/400 R5 implementation guide. and I
am doing the server transplantation process.  I only have 1 server for
Domino R5.05.  The book said I have to have another server running and said
to build a temporary server on my 400 to hold the NAB.  This has been
running fine for 3 months including running Trend Micros mail scan program.
My AS/400 is v4r5m0 and also R5.05   Following the manual this is my config
Domino Server setup;  ( broke it up here for readability)

CFGDOMSVR
SERVER('SPH-Domino-1/SRV/HMN')
OPTION(*ADD)
DTADIR('/LOTUS/DOMINO/sph-domino-1')
TIMEZONE(MST)
NABSVR('SPH-Domino-2')
ADDSVRID('/LOTUS/DOMINO/sph-domino-1/server.id' ())
DIRSRV(*NONE)
CNNSRV(*NONE)
ADVSRV(*PARTITION)
NETWORK('TCPIP Network')
TCPOPT(*NOENCRYPT '206.127.100.163')
SBS(DOMSPH01)

This is the message I get::
CFGDOMSVR command failed.

The only thing that shows up on the domino console is:
log file created /LOTUS/DOMINO/sph-domino-1/log.nsf
Server not responding
Server not responding

I copied the log.nsf file out and opened it up and it just had the log file
created message in it.

The AS400 log shows the following:
 Ownership of object CFGDOMSVR in QUSRNOTES type *USRSPC changed.
 Ownership of object CFGDOMSVR in QUSRNOTES type *DTAQ changed.
 Object copied.
 Object copied.
(lots of the opject copied)
 Object OBJS in QTEMP type *USRSPC deleted.
 CFGDOMSVR command failed.

Any Ideas of what might be wrong or somewhere else to look for error
entries?

Thanks Doug

ps.  Thanks for all the help everyone has been for all the other questions
I asked.

Doug Strong
Network Administrator
St Peter's Hospital