  • Subject: Re: Domino HTML Pages (via Agents) Served by IBM HTTP
  • From: MEovino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:52:15 -0400

Fred, since no one has attempted to answer this, I'll give it a shot.  I
have no idea if I'm right, since I've never tried this, but even a blind
pig finds an acorn now and again.

But before I start, how is it working, using IBM HTTP Server instead of the
Domino HTTP stack (aside from the issues you've raised below)?

>We have some Domino databases running on an AS/400 that use agents to
>generate HTML to display reports.  The Agents are invoked via a URL on a
>Domino form.  When the Domino HTTP server is used for these databases the
>HTML Reports get displayed without any interruption from the browser.
>When the Domino Server is reconfigured to use the IBM HTTP server the
>browser interrupts the flow saying that you have requested to open a file
>(named for the agent), do you want to save it to a file or open it where
it
>exists.  When you say to open i, you are prompted to choose the helper
>application to use to view the file.  By choosing a browser the HTML
report
>is shown in a new browser window and looks fine.

It sounds like a MIME type issue, or rather, that the IBM HTTP Server
thinks it should have a MIME type issue.  The file that you're prompted to
download, does it have an extension?  If so, what is it?  Could it be that
the Domino server is handing the IBM HTTP server this file, and because it
does not have an extension, the IBM HTTP server doesn't know how to serve
it?  If you look in WRKHTTPCFG, do you have entries that look anything like
this?

AddType  *.*       www/unknown                          # Try to guess
AddType  *         www/unknown                          # Try to guess

I think (and I could be wrong) these tell the server that if it can't find
anything else, try the browser.

Another thing you might try is to end the name of the agent with .htm.  So
if your agent name was "foo," try "foo.htm."  This might fool the IBM HTTP
Server into thinking that this thing really is an HTML file and serve it up
as such.

Let me know if any of this works,

Mike E.

+---