    From:  Glenn Ericson <Glenn-Ericson@xxxxxxx>
    To:  Consulting on the iSeries / AS400 <consult400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
    Consulting on the iSeries / AS400 <consult400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject:  Re: [Consult400] Hi
    Date:  Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:50:36 -0500
    Doug, I have  no idea

    But when  it  says  US  is #1  then my question is Why and what
    is  driving it?
         * Corporate America and it  need for  greater profits at  any and
    all  costs to US labor forces.
         * or is it individual  shoppers in need for lower  prices?? That
    was and is my question.

    Behavior of one can drive the other. Do you agree?

    For  many   years I was a strong supporter of  purchasing US made
    Vehicles, which seemed to be in the  dealers sop or local repair
    station more often  then we  got  to use it.

    I bought my first  Japanese manufacture red  car and
    it  ran  flawlessly  for 5 years with nothing but normal
    maintenance.  So I  bought another, and  remain  happy. Came time to
    replace our second  car which after several years of being on the
    Frequent dealer repair  program seemed to stabilize   for  about
    4  years.  We  replace it  with a Korean  car.

       We  were not  comparing purchase cost but  interested in the
    reliability of these non  American made vehicles.  Compare that
    to  code or systems that frequently breakdown or fail.

    I would like to support the American Automobile industry  but they
    are not delivering  any of the above, except as words in advertising
    for many years now.