  • Subject: Re: IBM Business Partner program
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:43:52 -0400

there is a big difference between using the title, and using the logo. In
the Solution Developer pgm it only took an internert sign up to j0oin, but
there were specific requirements, like certain certifications, for upper
levels which could use the logo. They have a great deal for developers to
get a 1% lease deal on a 400 (but you are supposed to produce a product
within a year, or port something, etc). I went thru this year & a half ago.
We did get to the logo level. But we didn't/could'nt find enough details to
keep up with it. Had people call us, giving us 1 day to accept a free course
in Net.Commerce a 1,000 miles away. Small guys are last on the list. The
program also offers lots of free*** software (*** = NT/Aix). It took us 6
months to get a 400 version of Net.Commerce. Also some free training
available. Lots of this stuff seems to come not from IBM, but from the big
VARS. I'll probably try again someday (we've done nothing for 8 months).
Jim Franz