  • Subject: Re: List activity...
  • From: "Cicada" <cicada@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:47:24 -0400

<< The question "Where are all the RPG AS/400 jobs?" has almost become
 rhetorical.  The Nashville, Tn area, once a "hotbed" for AS/400
consultants,
 has very little to offer. >>

Same here in Toronto, our group had 12 people working in September of 1999,
we now have 3 1/2 people working, 3 still sitting on the shelf (with more
that 40 years experience between them) and I have a batch of quality resumes
on my desk the likes of which I haven't seen since 1986.

Rumour here has is that everyone blew their budgets on their Y2K
conversions, that they are confused about how the Net can help them, and
they are not going to spend any serious dollars on the AS/400  till 2001.

Scot Loucks
President
The Cicada Software Group Inc.
Pickering Ontario.