I don't work directly on that
But a circumvention to avoid rebooting is to bring up the Task Manager
(Ctrl-Alt-Del - Task Manager button) and to kill any process that begins
with evf.
If you have an editor up that you want left alone, then just kill evfctcpd

Edmund Reinhardt,  AS/400 AD Tools,   reinhard@xxxxxxxxxx
Dept 607,   IBM Canada Lab  TL 969-4392  Phone 905-413-4392

             Dave Murvin
             <davem@xxxxxxxx>
             code400-l-bounces         code400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             @midrange.com                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/16/2004 04:44          EVF4003E - Communication Daemon
             PM                        error will not go away

             Please respond to
                 CODE/400
               Discussion &
                  Support

Every once in a while, I try to start code without the code servers running

or I make some other error starting code and I get the following error
message:

EVF4003E - Communication Daemon
         Unable to start the daemon.
         A TCP/IP error occurred - Unknown error.
                 OK buttom

Well I know what caused the problem, but when I click on the OK button or
close the error window, the dialog box just keeps coming back and I can't
make it go away unless I re-boot!

Am I missing something?  Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Dave Murvin
DRM Enterprises, Inc.