From: cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:26 AM
To: cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [COBOL400-L] XML using COBOL(RPG)?

Joel,

Not sure if you were responding to my post or not. When I referred to specifying "PACKED-DECIMAL", "BINARY", etc., I meant using a descriptive specification rather than as opposed to using COMP-3, COMP-4, etc. which I would consider somewhat esoteric (i.e., definition meaning "intended to be revealed only to the initiates of a group"). I guess mentioning BINARY was extraneous as it wouldn't allow for decimal positions (as you note--integer values only) which is where Geir is having the problem--i.e., no decimal being converted.

That could have added confusion to what I'm sure is already a frustrating problem for him.

Thanks,
Michael