From: cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 11:10 AM
To: COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400
Subject: [COBOL400-L] CL pgm calling COBOL pgm

How can I pass a the parm below "parm-length" from a CL pgm?

I am trying to get parm-length = 50 (length of parm-data in decimal)

Call PGMA (x'50' 'Jon Doe')

Doesn't work - any ideas?

Thanks

LINKAGE SECTION.
01 parm-length PIC 9(8) COMP-4.
01 parm-data PIC X(1000).

PROCEDURE division using parm-length
parm-data.

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
Skyscan service.