Excellent summary Michael.

As I have often said - the problem with mixing OPM and ILE is that you have to know far more about both than you need if you simply convert all to ILE!

The only point I would add is that the real killer is multiple boundary crossing i.e. OPM calls ILE calls OPM calls ... That is guaranteed to bite you in the ...

About the _only_ mix I would even think about risking is the simple one you describe where OPM calls ILE and ILE returns to OPM. Preferably no files in the ILE code, and it is deactivated by calling RCLACTGRP from OPM when you are done.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com