Jon,
<"We are just going to start with one ILE program and one object and
<then advance from there."
<This is a really really bad idea and you could be in for a world of
<hurt.

Jon,
When I said one ILE program and one object I meant using CRTBNDCBL
and CRTBNDCL not just changing one program to ILE and all the rest stay
OPM, I should of clarified that. I meant we are not planning at the
beginning to use multiple modules in an object. I was thinking that was
okay.

<It is _much_ easier and safer to move an entire
<system or subsystem from OPM COBOL to ILE than it is to do a piecemeal
conversion.

Jon and Michael,

From manuals and lists I was under the impression that the below example is
okay.......

PROGC is the program that is used in my batch job and other batch jobs
through system. And the one I am worried about.

My batch job- ProgA(ILE CLLE DFTACTGRP(*YES)) calls ProgB(ILE)(ACTGRP
(CELINA)) calls ProgC(ILE)(ACTGRP(*CALLER))
- Once I go ILE I stay ILE ACTGRP(CELINA) using ACTGRP(*CALLER) for
ProgC to keep ACTGRP(CELINA) for this job

Other Jobs- ProgD(OPM) calls ProgE(OPM) calls ProgG(OPM) calls ProgC
(ILE)(ACTGRP(*CALLER))
-The ACTGRP(*CALLER) in other jobs for ProgC keeps it in DAG and if I
made a call from ProgC that program would also be ACTGRP(*CALLER) so in DAG
also.

So doing this can cause major problems? So I would need to rename ProgC to
ProgCILE and use that in my batch job and correct all the calls to it in
ProgB and leave ProgC as OPM for all the other batch jobs? Which creates
maintenance nightmare and programs that are the exact same except one is
ILE and one is OPM. Shown below....

My batch job- ProgA(ILE CLLE DFTACTGRP(*YES)) calls ProgB(ILE)(ACTGRP
(CELINA)) calls ProgCILE(ILE)(ACTGRP(CELINA))

Other Jobs- ProgD(OPM) calls ProgE(OPM) calls ProgG(OPM) calls ProgC(OPM)

Seems like alot of extra work but if needed then is best option. Just
seems like using ACTGRP(*CALLER) to keep program in DAG for one job and in
the ILE ACTGRP(CELINA) in a separate job would be okay and a good use for
it?

Thanks for all you input really appreciate it. Small shop trying to use
some of the ILE features Content Assist, SEP, etc... without making
everyone go ILE way right away, but might have to wait.

Jeff