Thanks for you input Tom.

You can only create one ProgramB in a given library no matter what.
You can't just "create duplicate programs". Of course, if you're
willing and able to run your source through the two compilers to
create programs in two libraries and qualify your CALLs or
manipulate your library lists...?

Tom,
I was thinking changing the name of each of the ProgramB for ILE and
the calls to point to that which would created duplicate programs in the
same library but different names (OPM named "XYZ" and ILE named "XYZILE").
But this seems like alot of work and (maintenance nightmare) an I think
using the *Caller seems like a better way.

Note that similar considerations will apply to COBOL as to RPG,
e.g., overrides should have appropriate scoping when additional
activation groups get involved. I haven't run into anything major
myself, but all of the COBOL programs in the past 15 years or so
have been single-purpose and wholly self-contained with no external
dependencies.

We are just going to start with one ILE program and one object and then
advance from there. I have been reading about the overrides issue and the
applications I am starting with starts from a CL call (batch jobs). I have
noticed that if I take the default of CRTBNDCL which sets DFTACTGRP
(*YES)(OPM Compatible) that the OVRDBF uses call level so as long as
everything called after that is in the same named activation group, I
should be fine(similar to how our OPM works today). Does my logic sound
correct or am I missing something there?

Thanks,
Jeff Buening