On 10-Jun-08, at 10:57 AM, Cole Gantz wrote:

We're on V5R4M0. Is this something that is difficult to pickup?

Cole

No - it is quite straightforward, but the type of XML document you can generate is somewhat limited. It would work well for internal documents, but not so well I suspect for industry standard docs with extensive attributes etc.

Effectively it generates an XML doc that correlates to the COBOL structure you build. If you can't see how you could represent the desired document as a COBOL structure then it may not work for you - or at least would require some XSLT transforms to move from the XML you generate to the document that is required.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com