Joe,

I know I didn't go into much detail, but what is discussed in the link you
provided has already been explored.

The reference to CEEHDLR in the IBM response was because they had initially
told me that calling that API at the beginning of a COBOL program could
change the default behavior for handling division by zero. That was
*supposed* to be the solution they were going to provide to cause the ILE
program to behave as the mainframe program would when division by zero
occurred and no ON SIZE ERROR clause was specified. But, alas, they
discovered that CEEHDLR would not work the way they had originally thought.

So now they are saying we are out of luck - either change all the statements
in all the COBOL programs by adding ON SIZE ERROR logic or wait until a DCR
is accepted and implemented for them to provide a reasonable solution.