<dennis.e.lovelady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mailman.2231.1166012235.1743.cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can you please identify some of the messages "you don't care about" that
were found in the job log?

Dennis,

Here is a snippet from the job log. In this particular instance, all I am
interested in seeing is the text for "Message:". This is what was generated
by the DISPLAY UPON SYSOUT statement in the program. It is clear that there
is a lot of overhead when outputting to SYSOUT.

NR7607    Information             80   12/12/06  07:44:28.641432  QLNRACPT
QSYS        *STMT    *EXT
                                    From module . . . . . . . . :   QLNRDISP
                                    From procedure  . . . . . . :
Run_displayItem
                                    Statement . . . . . . . . . :   43
                                    Message . . . . :   REC#:  27,852
REC-LEN:  495 VAR-AREA-LEN:  392
                                    Cause . . . . . :   This is the output
from a DISPLAY statement.
NR7607    Information             80   12/12/06  07:44:28.641472  QLNRACPT
QSYS        *STMT    *EXT
                                    From module . . . . . . . . :   QLNRDISP
                                    From procedure  . . . . . . :
Run_displayItem