Hey Geir!

Being a COBOL programmer who uses WDSC, I find that I like the following;

1)  Customizable editor that parses the COBOL (and CL, and RPG if you get
into that) source to show comments, reserved words, variables, all in
different colors
2)  Outline of my program.  Yes, it does not show as much detail as I might
like, but it does show all the major divisions, and all of the labels in the
Procedure division.  A simple click on the label will position the editor to
that part of the code.
3)  PC editor functions like cut, paste, scroll, shifting parts or whole
lines of code to the right or left easily (with the proper easy to customize
user key action enhancements).
4)  Much under utilized (by me) code assist that lets me start a COBOL
command like EVALUATE, and have the editor put all the important parts in
for me.  I would like to be able to customize this a little more than I have
been able to for my coding style.

With the CODE/400 editor installed, a nice and easy to use compare of source
code to see what has been added.  I use this all the time with one vendor.
I have enhancements to the code that I have to maintain when they send new
versions. I can easily see my enhancements, and their new code.  I hope it
will be native in WDSC soon.

Also with CODE/400 designer, a graphic WYSIWYG display and printer file
editor.

I'm sure that there is much more, that I will think of as soon as I send
this email.

I agree with Joe that you should follow the WDSC-L if you start to use this
tool.  And take your time.  Use the resources availabe to learn this tool.
Search the WDSC archives for hints.  You won't be productive with it
overnight, or even in a week or 2, but give it time.  It will be to your
advantage to learn this tool, even with OPM COBOL.

Jim