Michael,

Thanks for the response.  That is the link that I came up with.  The reason
I thought it was _not_ the V5R4 version, is that both the Programmers Guide,
and Language Reference have left off the "What's New in V5R4?" section at
the beginning of the manual, where the online version has that.  But the
Language Reference manual lists the XML Generate statement, which was
introduced in V5R4.  So - now I am confused - but that is a normal stare of
mind for me.

Thanks again.