5.2
----- Original Message ----- From: "Winchester Terry" <terry.winchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400" <cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [COBOL400-L] Logical File Access

Don,

Hmmmm...other than initializing your File Status variable
I don't see anything wrong!  Technically, it shouldn't be
necessary to do this since the START statement will do
this automagically.  The fact that all of your keys are
ascending eliminates any "descending" key problem.

What release level are you on?  You might try going here:

http://www-912.ibm.com/ImprovedSearch/searchoptions.jsp

and searching for "Cobol Start". I noticed that there
were some problems with packed fields in prior releases.

Terry Winchester
Programmer/Analyst
The Raymond Corporation
terry.winchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx