Ashok you are correct.  If you do the 'CREATE ALIAS. . .' first, it will
work.

However out of curiosity, why not use OVRDBF?  It's a valid command
whether you're using SQL or 'Native' database access.  You're not
side-stepping OS/400 security, auditing, or any other OS/400 processing.

Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Coordinator
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/27/2006 01:00:02 PM:
      .      .      .
      .      .      .
      .      .      .

> date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:44:48 +0800
> from: "Kumar, Ashok (MIS)" <Ashok.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Re: [COBOL400-L] To insert or read the record in particular
>    membe   r   of   the PF throu   gh SQL Statement
>
> Guys
> I got the Solution in the PDF
>
> This is for your information
>
> Create alias first
>
> Eg
> Create alias Libnam/PFMBR for Libname/PFName(MbrName)
> Now the MbrName of the PFName is created with the name PFMBR
>
> Put Select * from Libnam/PFMBR
> It will display the member andyou can do all the operation on that
> particular Member
>
> Using this you can update the Date field of your source member
> Create alias for your source member in the source physical file
> And using update command you can update the date modified field  as you
want