   I believe that the list filters out anything except text attachments.
   That would have to be sent directly.

    At 01:08 AM 4/13/2005, you wrote:

     Hi!!!

       can re-send the attached word document, i haven't received it, iam
     using
     microsoft outlook, and they restrict incoming *.exe files, i dont know
     if
     *.doc is also restricted. please send it in *.txt, which is allowed or
     just
     paste it in the message box.

     WILSON

     MANY THANKS!!!
     GODBLESS!!!

     -----Original Message-----
     From: cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx [ mailto:cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
     Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 7:42 PM
     To: COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400
     Subject: RE: [COBOL400-L] how to validate date in cobol400

     Hello Wilson,

     Please find a procedure in the attached word document.
     We use this common procedure to validate any type of dates in our
     application.

     All we do is move the screen filed/database file field (namely,date
     field)
     to a temporary variable WS-T-VALIDATION DATE (of type and length 8S0).

     This variable WS-T-VALIDATION-DATE should be sent in the format
     DDMMYYYY.
     (Hint: Use some temporary numeric data structures and pass the date to
     be
     validated in DDMMYYYY format.)

     The rest of the processing will be taken care of by the procedure. Take
     care
     to declare the following variables in the working storage section:

     01  WS-T-VALIDATE-DATE.
         05  WS-T-VALIDATE-YEAR                PIC 9(4).
         05  WS-T-VALIDATE-MONTH               PIC 9(2).
         05  WS-T-VALIDATE-DAY                 PIC 9(2).

     01  WS-T-VALIDATE-DATE-II.
         05  WS-T-VALIDATE-DAY-II              PIC 9(2).
         05  WS-T-VALIDATE-MONTH-II            PIC 9(2).
         05  WS-T-VALIDATE-YEAR-II             PIC 9(4).

     01  WS-T-VALIDATION-YEAR.
         05  WS-T-VALID-MONTH-DAY              PIC 9(6).
         05  WS-T-VALID-SHRT-YER               PIC 9(2).
         05  WS-T-VALID-SHRT-YER               PIC 9(2).

     01  WS-T-VALID-CENT.
         05  WS-T-VALID-CENT-MTH-DAY           PIC 9(4).
         05  WS-T-VALID-CENT-CENT              PIC 9(2).
         05  WS-T-VALID-CENT-YEAR              PIC 9(2).

     01  WS-T-SYSTEM-DATE                      PIC 9(6).
     01  WS-T-VALIDATION-DATE                  PIC 9(8).
     01  WS-T-QUOTIENT                         PIC 9(3)    COMP-3.
     01  WS-T-REMAINDER                        PIC 9(1)    COMP-3.

     We have a flag WS-T-VALIDATION-ERROR-FLAG to track any errors down the
     line.
     Initialize this flag to blanks.

     Invoke the routine in the attachment.

     If there is error, WS-T-VALIDATION-ERROR-FLAG will be set on.

     Hope this helps you...

     Regards,