Da: Volker Englisch [mailto:englisch.ahr@xxxxxx]
Inviato: giovedì 25 novembre 2004 14.21
A: cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: [COBOL400-L] Screen layout from DDS

Hello! I'm trying to get familiar with programming in Cobol on an AS/400. As
it is usually done in RPG, there is a screen description file that is called
using EXFMT in RPG. Now I tried to call this layout file from Cobol. Using
the manuals, I tried the following sample program, but it fails.

 100        IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.

 200        PROGRAM-ID.     TEST1.

 700       *

 800        ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.

 900        CONFIGURATION SECTION.

1000        INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION.

1100        FILE-CONTROL.

1200            SELECT SCHIRM-FILE ASSIGN TO WORKSTATION-SCHIRM

1300                          ORGANIZATION IS TRANSACTION.

1400       *

1500        DATA DIVISION.

1600        FILE SECTION.

1700        FD  SCHIRM-FILE

1800            LABEL RECORDS ARE STANDARD.

1900        01  SCHIRM-REC.

2000            COPY DDS-ALL-FORMATS OF BUKTODSP.

2100       *

2200        PROCEDURE DIVISION.

2300        0000-MAIN.

2400            OPEN I-O SCHIRM-FILE.

2500            WRITE SCHIRM-REC FORMAT IS "D1KONTO".

2600            READ SCHIRM-FILE RECORD.

2700        9999-ENDE.

2800            CLOSE SCHIRM-FILE.

2900            STOP RUN.

It compiles well, but when run it ends up with a LBE7207 in the line with
the OPEN statement. The COPY copied the layout structure in. Why does the
system insist on not being able to open this TRANSACTION file? Or is there
something else wrong?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Volker

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!