From: rick.baird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rick.baird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 4:56 PM
To: cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [COBOL400-L] RE: I'm stumped - working storage tables indexed

Wow, I never would have guessed.  but after I sent that last email, that's
what I figured out myself.  I increased the size of the tbl03 and
everything is hunkydory.

Gosh, I wish I didn't have to debug cobol... :)

So, in review, indexes are sort of like a pointer field?  (rpg or C)

what happens if you keep adding to the index, and it fills up all space
allocated to the program?  does it try to overwrite memory outside it's
bounds and blow up?

What's the benefit of indexing rather than subscripting tables?

Thanks again,

Rick