Good idea Don!  Here's a simple example.  It requires
creation of a PNLGRP and modification of the DSPF source.

For the DDS changes you need to insert the following
three keywords HLPTITLE, ALTHELP and HELP as shown at
the top of your DDS.  Then on the record format you
add the HLPPNLGRP and HLPARA keywords.  In this
example the help area starts at line 1, column 1 and ends
at line 23 column 79 - in other words, the whole screen.
Note that the HLPPNLGRP has the name of the panel group
(CX001H) and the name of the help tag ('CX001I').

                                            DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
                                            INDARA
                                            PRINT
                                            HLPTITLE('Cardex Inquiry Help')
                                            ALTHELP(CA01)
                                            HELP
                                            CF03(03 'Exit')
                R MYSCREEN
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('CX001I' CX001H)
                                            HLPARA(01 01 23 79)

The following is the Panel Group (UIM) for the screen. Note
that the HELP NAME tag contains the same name in the HLPPNLGRP
keyword of the DDS above.

.*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
.* Panel Group:    CX001H                                             *
.* Date Written:   10/03/02                                           *
.* Author:         T. Winchester                                      *
.*                 the program display logic.                         *
.*                                                                    *
.*   Date     Who                  Author's Comments                  *
.* --------   ---   ------------------------------------------------  *
.*                                                                    *
.*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
:PNLGRP.
.*
.*                                                        Start Help...
:HELP NAME='CX001I'.
:P.
Enter a Work Order number and Branch/Plant to display Cardex data
on a full-screen.
:P.
Use the Page-Up and Page-Down keys to move thru the Cardex one
transaction at a time.  If you see the word "Bottom" in RED, then
you've reached the end of the transactions.  If you see the word "Top"
in RED, then you're at the first transaction for this Order.
:P.
Note:  Entry of "XXXXXX" for a branch will also display any Cardex
transactions for Engineering (ENG), or Custom Engineering (CE), etc.
-IF- they exist in the Cardex for the requested Work Order.
:P.
Note for XXXXXXXX users:  You will only see your own Cardex entries.
:EHELP.
.*                                                        -End- Help...
:EPNLGRP.

Here is a slightly more complex example that shows how to
use "field sensitive" help.  Again, here are the DSPF (DDS)
changes required.  Note there are many HLPPNLGRP definitions,
one for each field on the screen.  These must be defined
before the actual field definitions in the record format.
I haven't listed all the fields here but you should get
the idea :) Note that each field has its own "named" tag
and begin/ending positions on the screen.  In this example
I used a complete line of the display so that help would
be activated *anywhere* the cursor is positioned on the
actual screen line.  If you place the cursor on the top
line of the display the help panel will show *all* field
help - just like OS/400 commands.

                                            DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
                                            INDARA
                                            PRINT
                                            HLPTITLE('TFRSRC Command Help')
                                            HLPPNLGRP('UT010I' UT010H)
                                            ALTHELP(CA01)
                                            HELP
                                            CF03(03 'Exit')
                R M3MAP
        99                                  ALARM
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('FMBR'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(04 01 04 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('FSRC'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(05 01 06 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('TSRC'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(08 01 09 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('SYS'    UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(11 01 11 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('SPIN'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(13 36 13 38)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('MBRS'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(16 40 16 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('STIM'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(17 01 17 29)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('TIME'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(17 40 17 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('ETIM'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(18 01 18 29)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('BYTES'  UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(18 40 18 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('ERRS'   UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(19 40 19 79)
                H                           HLPPNLGRP('MSG'    UT010H)
                                            HLPARA(22 01 24 79)
¹     *----
                                        1  2'UT010I'
                                            COLOR(PNK)
                                        1 25' Transfer Files/Programs via
FTP '
                                            COLOR(WHT)
                                            DSPATR(RI)
                                        1 73DATE
                                            EDTCDE(Y)
                                            COLOR(PNK)
                                        2  2USER
                                            COLOR(PNK)
                                        2 73TIME
                                            COLOR(PNK)
      *----
                                        4  2'Member . . . . . . . . . . . .
.'
                  M3FMBR        10A  B  4 37
                                            DSPATR(CS MDT)
                                            CHECK(LC)
        41                                  DSPATR(PC)
        41                                  COLOR(RED)
                                        4 51'name, generic*, *ALL         '
                                            COLOR(BLU)
      *----
                                        5  2'From File  . . . . . . . . . .
.'
                  M3FSRC        10A  B  5 37
                                            DSPATR(CS MDT)
                                            CHECK(LC)
        42                                  DSPATR(PC)
        42                                  COLOR(RED)
                                        5 51'Source, Physical, *SAVF      '
                                            COLOR(BLU)
      *----
                                        6  2'  Library  . . . . . . . . . .
.'
                  M3FLIB        10A  B  6 39
                                            DSPATR(CS MDT)
                                            CHECK(LC)
        43                                  DSPATR(PC)
        43                                  COLOR(RED)

Now, here is the actual Panel Group for these first three
fields.  In addition, the "MSG" help name tag is listed
to show some of the things you can do with a "list".

.*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
.* Panel Group:    TFRSRC Command Help                                *
.* Date Written:   12/08/97                                           *
.* Author:         T. Winchester                                      *
.*                                                                    *
.*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
.*   Date     Who                Author's Comments                    *
.*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
.* 10/21/98   TMW   Increase HELP information to include *SAVF info   *
.*                  and the "RUNRMTCMD" peculiarities.                *
.*                                                                    *
.*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
:PNLGRP.
.*                                                      UT010I overview
:HELP NAME='UT010I'.
:P.
This program transfers files and/or source members between the
Production and Test systems. It uses the File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
utility that is common all to TCP/IP based systems.
:P.
Status messages are displayed in WHITE at the bottom of the screen.
When the transfer completes sucessfully, it will be indicated here as
"FTP Transfer Completed".
:P.
Note:  Member descriptions containing an apostrophe may cause the type
and description to be blank on the target system.

:P.
:EHELP.
.*--------------------------------------
:HELP NAME='FMBR'.
:H2.FROM Member
:P.
Enter the specific or generic member name to be transferred.  Use the
*ALL to transfer -ALL- members of a source/database file. You must use
*ALL when sending PHYSICAL files.  When a physical file is transferred
by this utility, you must _rebuild_ the logical files manually on the
target system.  Logical files CANNOT be transferred using TFRSRC.
:P.
Note that it is possible to transfer *SAVF files.  Think of these as
being like "ZIP" files on a PC.  Before transferring them with the
*ALL member option, you must (1) Create the Save File (CRTSAVF)
on *BOTH* systems, (2) Ensure the QPGMR profile has authority *ALL
on the target systems Save File (use EDTOBJAUT) and finally (3)
Save objects to the file using SAVOBJ on the *CURRENT* system.
Transferring many different kinds of objects using the Save File
technique is *much* quicker than using tape (providing you have
the disk space for the save file, of course!).
:P.
:EHELP.
.*--------------------------------------
:HELP NAME='FSRC'.
:H2.FROM Source File, Library
:P.
Enter the name of the source/database file and the library in which it
resides.  In the case of PHYSICAL or *SAVF files, the FROM member must
be *ALL!
:P.
:EHELP.
.*--------------------------------------
:HELP NAME='TSRC'.
:H2.TO Source File, Library
:P.
Enter the name of the source/database file and the library on the
target system.
:P.
:EHELP.
.*--------------------------------------
:HELP NAME='MSG'.
:H2.Function Keys/Messages
:P.
This area lists available function keys and any status messages.
:P.
:DL.
:DTHD.Key/Msg
:DDHD.Description
:DT.F3
:DD.Exit the command
:DT.FTP Transfer Completed
:DD.
:DT.Building FTP commands to Transfer Members
:DD.
:DT.FTP has started
:DD.
:DT.FTP has ended, preparing to update types
:DD.
:DT.Sorry, No members found matching input requested
:DD.
:DT.There were xxxx errors, end this task via SYSREQ,2 now!
:DD.
:DT.Updating Target Member Types/Descriptions
:DD.
:DT.Checking FTP output for transfer information
:DD.
:DT.Retrieving Member Description for xxxxxx
:DD.
:EDL.
:EHELP.
.*                                                          End of Help
:EPNLGRP.

None of this UIM code is terribly complicated but if
your not familiar with its use it may seem strange
looking :)  Sorry, I don't have a link to the online
UIM manuals but I'm sure you can search the InfoCenter
and find more than you wanted to know.

Terry