Thanks for all of your help.  I greatly appreciated it.  I tried the following
command.
It game me the command that followed.  Am I on the right track? What is the
'data base' file that the system is copying to?  There is data on DELOPEN.  Why
do i get the message that no records are copied?

Thanks .. Phil

pcampbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                        Copy To Import File (CPYTOIMPF)

Type choices, press Enter.

>From file:
  File . . . . . . . . . . . . . > DELOPEN       Name
    Library  . . . . . . . . . . >   QS36F       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
  Member . . . . . . . . . . . .   *FIRST        Name, *FIRST
To data base file:
  File . . . . . . . . . . . . . > DELOPEN       Name
    Library  . . . . . . . . . . >   QS36F       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
  Member . . . . . . . . . . . .   *FIRST        Name, *FIRST
To stream file . . . . . . . . . > '"h:phil''s data\delopen"'

Replace or add records . . . . . > *REPLACE      *ADD, *REPLACE
To CCSID . . . . . . . . . . . .   *FILE         1-65533, *FILE
Stream file code page  . . . . .   *STMF         1-32767, *STMF, *PCASCII...
Record delimiter . . . . . . . . > *CRLF         Character value, *EOR...
Record format of import file . . > *FIXED        *DLM, *FIXED
Null field indicator . . . . . .   *NO           *NO, *YES
Decimal point  . . . . . . . . .   *PERIOD       *PERIOD, *COMMA
Date format  . . . . . . . . . .   *ISO          *ISO, *USA, *EUR, *JIS, *YYMD
Time format  . . . . . . . . . .   *ISO          *ISO, *USA, *EUR, *JIS

                                                                       More...
F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F5=Refresh   F12=Cancel   F13=How to use this display
F24=More keys

 No records copied from file DELOPEN in QS36F.