 Hello,

I'm kinda desperate,  I'm receiving errors when I define these 5 fields.  I
think I'm defining them correctly, however, I get the same 5 compile errors
every time I compile my  program.
When I do a Select on the Key of this table only and never reference these five
fields I do not get any errors and I see these fields listed properly in my
CBLSRC Cross reference listing:

FLRAICFTE                        1339     DECIMAL(3,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL) IN TE
FLRAICSCR                        1339     DECIMAL(3,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL) IN TE
FLRBACCEB                        1339     DECIMAL(3,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL) IN TE
FLRBACFTE                        1339     DECIMAL(3,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL) IN TE
FLRBACSCR                        1339     DECIMAL(3,2) COLUMN (NOT NULL) IN TE

However, when I do an embedded sql Select on the "FLR" Table/File referencing
the key plus these five fields I get errors on the fields that I define in
working storage as Host Variables. I define these five fields just as they are
defined in a cobol copybook and they match the description of the ddssrc
description of the fields listed above: (note: my table is externally defined)

This is Working Storage:
10      HOST-FLRBACFTE   PIC  9(01)V9(02) COMP-3.
10      HOST-FLRBACSCR   PIC  9(01)V9(02) COMP-3.
10      HOST-FLRBACCEB   PIC  9(01)V9(02) COMP-3.
10       HOST-FLRAICFTE   PIC  9(01)V9(02) COMP-3.
10       HOST-FLRAICSCR   PIC  9(01)V9(02) COMP-3.

This is how the fields are define in the DDSSRC:
 A            FLRBACFTE      3P 2       COLHDG('Baccl' 'Fte')
A            FLRBACSCR      3P 2       COLHDG('Baccl' 'Score')
A            FLRBACCEB      3P 2       COLHDG('Baccl' 'Ceeb')
A            FLRAICFTE      3P 2       COLHDG('AIC' 'Fte')
A            FLRAICSCR      3P 2       COLHDG('AIC' 'Score')

This is a copy of the exact code followed by the errors:

   EXEC SQL
     SELECT FLRKDIST, FLRKSTDT,
            HOST-FLRBACFTE,
            FLRBACSCR,
            FLRBACCEB,
            FLRAICFTE,
            FLRAICSCR
     INTO :HOST-FLRKDIST,:HOST-FLRKSTDT,:HOST-FLRBACFTE,
          :HOST-FLRBACSCR,:HOST-FLRBACCEB,
          :HOST-FLRAICFTE,:HOST-FLRAICSCR
     FROM TERMSDTA/SFLRP
     WHERE (FLRKDIST  = :WS-USD501 AND
            FLRKSSTDT = :WS-IEP-INPUT-STUDENT-ID)
   END-EXEC.

These are  the errors:

5722ST1 V5R1M0 010525            Create SQL COBOL Program
                                            DIAGNOSTIC MESSAGES
MSG ID  SEV  RECORD  TEXT
SQL0312  30    1356  Position 50 Variable HOST-FLRBACFTE not defined or no
                    usable.
SQL0312  30    1357  Position 20 Variable HOST-FLRBACSCR not defined or no
                    usable.
SQL0312  30    1357  Position 36 Variable HOST-FLRAICCEB not defined or no
                    usable.
SQL0312  30    1358  Position 20 Variable HOST-FLRAICFTE not defined or no
                    usable.
SQL0312  30    1358  Position 36 Variable HOST-FLRAICSCR not defined or no
                    usable.
                                              Message Summary
Total    Info    Warning    Error    Severe    Terminal
   5      0         0         0         5          0
30 level severity errors found in source
1731 Source records processed
                              * * * * *  E N D  O F  L I S T I N G  * * *

Do you have any idea why I'm getting  errors only on these five fields.  I have
looked at  the code and I just can't  see anything wrong with the code.  I've
looked at reference books and I just do not see it!.  I'm very puzzled I really
don't know what to do.

I'm hoping its something simple that you can look at and see what the prolbem
is.

If you have a solution or an idea please let me know.  Thanks for your help.

D Meza
New to SQL on AS400