Leif,

I am now understanding your explanation more.

when I attempt the following, it just gives me the MCH1202 error. Any leads?
===> you have to move valid data to the field first.

Well, if i understand you right, by moving, this is the code that i have for
the 200 process:

0078.00        200-PROCESS-RECORD-RTN.
0079.00                                                              0080.00
        MOVE SPACES TO PRINT-RECORD-OUT.
0081.00            MOVE CT-FIRST-NAME TO DL-FIRST-NAME.
0082.00            MOVE CT-LAST-NAME TO DL-LAST-NAME.
0083.00            MOVE CT-TRANSACTION-MONTH TO DL-TRANSACTION-MONTH.
0084.00            MOVE CT-TRANSACTION-AMOUNT TO DL-TRANSACTION-AMOUNT.
0085.00            WRITE PRINT-RECORD-OUT.
0086.00            READ CUSTOMER-TRANSACTION-FILE
0087.00                AT END
0088.00                    MOVE 'NO ' TO ARE-THERE-MORE-RECORDS

So, would I be correct in saying that the following would be the correct way to
express 2 decimal positions?

0051.00            05  DL-TRANSACTION-AMOUNT PIC 9(07).99.

When, I took your suggestion on changing to the record contains 90, i get the
following error, but it may be due to my code above though.

*   21  MSGID: LBL0117  SEVERITY: 20  SEQNBR:  004000
        Message . . . . :   Smallest record description '79' characters.
          Does not match RECORD CONTAINS. '79' assumed.

I am learing, hope your not getting impatient.

Thanks,

Eric

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.