Kelly.

Have you looked at the file status for each of the files
opened?  They should be '00' (two zeros) but if an open
failed you will have a different file status.  You should
check the file status after the open statement.  If you
need help in coding to see the file status let me know.

Jim

Jim Essinger
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Student Loan Fund of Idaho
esinger@fmtc.com
208-452-4058

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of
a dog, it's too dark to read."  Groucho Marx

On Wed, 15 May 2002 07:48:54 -0700 (PDT)  you wrote;