From: veleazar@gseguros.com [mailto:veleazar@gseguros.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 6:33 AM
To: cobol400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Order of writen records.

Este es un mensaje de varios componentes en formato MIME.
Hi every one.

I need some help (any would be thank) to fix a problem I have when writing
into a file from 2 diferent subprograms calles from the same main program
on the same execution.

I have a main program (A) calling 2 programs (B and C). They are all cobol
programs and A is called fron a main CL program. There is a file (F) 800
positions long that would recive information from programs B and C.

The sistem works this way:

A starts and begin the cicle:
- A calls B. B opens file F and writes 2 records and goes back.
- A calls C. C opens file F,  writes 8 records to file F and goes back.
- A calls B again and B writes 2 new records to file F and goes back.
the cicle terminates and A finishes.

File F is never closed but at the end when probrams B and C are called and
should never be, cause there could be 1000's of cicles like this in a
single execution.

When the file is browsed I find the 'C' records first and all the 'B'
records together at the end.

I think the records order has somthing to do with the buffer size and the
usage of a diferent path to acces F for each program B and C.

Is there any way to force the order of the records as they were writen?

Virgilio Eleazar Rodríguez Domínguez
Tel: 963 87 59 00 ext. 6156
Aseval, S.A.
--