I appreciate your response.  I would agree with teaching us mainframers the
tricks of the 400.  I am sure there is a ton of stuff that we should be looking
at.

We are at the front end of the conversion.  We are not exactly what direction we
are going to be going.  We have looked at two 3rd party vendors that claim they
can convert all of our COBOL CICS to native.  The one bid we got back was
extremely pricey however.  We are trying to decide if we can get some help from
a vendor if we are going to have to do it ourselves, scary thought.  We are not
aware of any tools other than vendors to help convert CICS to native.  Are there
some out there?  We did look into CICS/400.  It was told to us that IBM does not
support it anymore and has not done so for 4 years now.  It appears that there
are only a very small handful who use it.  Is there more about CICS/400 that we
are missing?

Again, Thanks so much for your help in our conversion.

"Jon Paris" <Jon.Paris@Partner400.com> on 12/23/2001 05:26:03 PM

Please respond to cobol400-l@midrange.com