What does the data look like on the two machines??

-----Original Message-----
From: Nel Dennis [mailto:DNel3@OLDMUTUAL.com]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 11:10 AM
To: 'COBOL400-L@midrange.com'
Subject: PIC S9(9) COMP field definition.

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Hi All,

I have the following problem. We have a Cobol program running on the
Mainframe
with the following COPYBOOK in the Working Storage Section;

07      R-CLIENT                PIC S9(9) COMP.
07      D-FROM-MTH      PIC S9(4) COMP.
07      D-FROM-DD       PIC S9(2) COMP.

We have written some code on the AS/400 which does a call via "ECS" to get
data from the Mainframe via this COPYBOOK.

I have captured the Copybook on the AS/400 exactly the same as the COPYBOOK
on
the Mainframe. BUT when I access the data it is different on the AS/400!!
);-

Should I be defining the fields differently on the AS/400? If so how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as our whole project is dependant on
this piece of code working. (We would prefer not to change the copybook on
the
M/F as this program gets used in all sorts of other programs.

Thanks
Dennis Nel
Technical Consultant: AS/400
South Africa.