It occurs to me that there may be one way of using “SQL” - or at least the underlying microcode functions - without changing all the logic. Just change the program to read a logical that converts the packed values to a more efficient format. If there are no decimals then binary is an option, otherwise float or Zoned. No idea how much difference it would make but it might be worth a try since the logical is quick and easy to build.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com