Hi

I have recoded the program based on suggestions from Barbara and Jevgeni.
I have posted the new source here.
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/C_version_of_DISPR
As Barbara suggested I moved the Open of the files into a function.
I had to make the file pointers GLOBAL, to get the program to work.

However if I defined the file pointers in 'main'.
I could not get the function to update the file pointers.
Any suggestions on how to define the pointers for the file OPEN.

I tried this (from compile listing) ( amongst many other attempts)

82 |int main(void)
83 |{
84 |
85 | _RFILE rpf ;
==========> .....................a................................
=INFORMATIONAL===> a - CZM0359 Automatic variable rpf contains a
86 1 | _RFILE *pf = &rpf ;
87 | _RFILE rsubf ;
=INFORMATIONAL===> a - CZM0359 Automatic variable rsubf contains
88 2 | _RFILE *subf = &rsubf;
89 | _RFILE rsopf ;
*=INFORMATIONAL===> a - CZM0359 Automatic variable rsopf contains
a const member and is not initialised
90 3 | _RFILE *sopf = &rsopf;

Frank Kolmann