From: c400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:c400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of frank kolmann
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 9:42 AM
To: c400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [C400-L] C coding

Hi Erik

I have recently gone through the agony of learning C.
I am by no means an expert. However all the other languages I learnt as easy as breathing.
Learning C was like giving birth.

Finding C syntax errors on compiles is like winning a lottery, it is so very Very very hard, I almost need to have a compiler in my head.

If C is best we have for coding it is no mystery to me that Program Coding is beyond the ability of most people.
I find it tremendously ironic that programmers set up systems to make life easier for others but no one, it seems, can set up a programming language that is both powerful and simple to code.

C is just a tool and it is appropriate for what it does.

One chooses the vehicle appropriate for the task, imo using C for business code is like using a crawler tractor with a hydraulic powered jack hammer to crack a nut myself I prefer to use nutcracker pliers (RPG ILE).

PS calling people names does not help your argument.

If someone thinks of C as mainly a vehichle to help you shooting
yourself in the foot then you should probably go into some business.
That is just ignorant and moronic. The language at number 1 for feb
2014 in the TIOBE index, really? Remind me, where is RPG IV again? I
guess the leaders of North Korea think they are the centre of the universe too.